Ages and Stages Clinic April 18, 2018
Come and check your child’s development on Wednesday, April 18th from 3:30pm to 6:30pm in Rossland, BC. Early childhood and health care professionals are available for free appointments during the event. Pre-registration is a must. For more information, see the clinic poster or call FAN at 1-855-368-3707.
Nickleplate Park - Rossland, BC
Check Early – Check Often
Early screening tools gather information in five developmental areas:
- Communication (“Am I talking to you?” “Am I hearing you?”)
- Gross motor skills (“Am I crawling, rolling over, trying to walk?”)
- Fine motor skills (“Can I use a crayon, pick up small objects?”)
- Problem solving (“Do I recognize myself in a mirror?”)
- Social – Personal (“How do I interact with others?” “How do I express feelings?”)
When you participate in early screening with your child, she or he will demonstrate their abilities in each of the five developmental areas. There are general age-based milestones that most children will pass through as they grow and learn. With regular screening, you have a way of tracking your child’s progress.
Prevent Little Bumps From Becoming Big Hurdles
Parents become very skilled at noticing all the little changes that happen as their child begins to learn and grow. Occasionally, a child hits a small bump in one of the developmental areas and could benefit from a little help.
When children get help early it helps to prevent them from falling behind, and from a small bump becoming a larger hurdle. Regular screening is a good way to track your child’s development.
Grandparents Play An Important Role
Checking Development Information
Check Early Check Often Screening Distribution Centres
- Rossland Strong Start – A CBAL program
- Fruitvale Strong Start – A Trail Family and Individual Resource Centre program
- Four Winds Daycare – Rossland Group Licensed Childcare Centre
- Beaver Valley Nursery School – Preschool for 3-5 year olds in the Beaver Valley
- Building Beautiful Babies – A Trail Family and Individual Resource Centre program
- CCRR Trail Office – Resources for parents and daycare operators, including the toy lending library. A Trail Family and Individual Resource Centre program